Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Humminbird SON -> CSV or GPX

Humminbird SON -> CSV or GPX 6 years 11 months ago #4027

• Berra2323
Hi,
Does anyone here know of a software that is free that can convert hummingbird sonar data to a csv or GPX file?

/Kallin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Humminbird SON -> CSV or GPX 6 years 11 months ago #4028

• Matt
Doesn't HumViewer do it? If not that, I can't think of another (free) application that even reads SON files..

Humminbird SON -> CSV or GPX 6 years 11 months ago #4031

• Berra2323
I tried Humviewer and Humminbird PC but it did not work for me I hoped someone here perhaps know a tool from hummingbird like lowrance have that converts data. I got some hummingbird users that can send me data but I do not whant to handle handle large sonarlog files.

Humminbird SON -> CSV or GPX 6 years 11 months ago #4032

• Matt
Better for them to send you the track files (.HT) - which they will be recording anyway. If you tell these people to periodically save & clear the current track, then do an Export all Nav data at the end of the day, they will get a set of .HT files containing position and depth. These are relatively small and can be imported into RM or converted to GPX using HBPC. It is possible to record sonar at the same time, if they still wish to log their trips.

There are some issues with the "current" track log in HB units if the track is allowed to loop past the 21K track-point limit. The track seems to lose depth for all points within the track, so the track should be saved before that point, and then the current track cleared. There are 50 slots for saved tracks.

It is also a good idea to change the track-point recording frequency to the minimum (1s) as this produces more data. If you need varying water level offsets (tide) across a track, then you also need to know what this increment is when importing into RM.

Humminbird SON -> CSV or GPX 5 years 4 months ago #7230

• 3RMapping
Having problems importing Humminbird file into Reefmaster. I have Reefmaster Pro and a new Humminbird ONIX10 SI with Autochart software and zeroline card. Their equipment seems to work great but their software and manuals suck. Can’t take much more. For mapping, can I use Reefmaster only with my ONIX10 SI. Presently I do not care if I ever see the mapping on the ONIX10. I mainly want mapping on paper for dredging work. HELP!!

Humminbird SON -> CSV or GPX 5 years 4 months ago #7231

• Matt
How are you trying to import the files into ReefMaster?
SCROLL TO TOP