Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: bottom hardness PeakSV in ArcMap??

bottom hardness PeakSV in ArcMap?? 8 months 1 week ago #11070

• Duncan.Macleod
I am trying to do some analysis in arcmap 10.6.1 with the bottom hardness ESRI grid .asc file. In arcmap, my values given are from "Low: 3.046 to High:35.1586" (see attached). I found this odd because in the Reefmaster software it shows i have values largely in the mid 100 range from my bell curve distribution (see attached). I was hoping that by maybe importing the .csv file i could find my 'PeakSV" value from there, but all i see is "value 1" and "value 2". I know this is kind of long winded, but what is the best way to use this bottom hardness data in arcmap?? Any help would be appreciated! This is my capstone project for the University of Washington Tacoma and my deadline is fast approaching.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

bottom hardness PeakSV in ArcMap?? 8 months 1 week ago #11071

• Matt
The hardness map export consists of isobaths, which are areas that cover a range of values. Value1/2 indicate the upper and lower range of the area covered, and this is why you get two values per isobath.
This looks like Alder lake, with the harder area forming a line across the lake being a flooded road. I have some sidescan data for this lake if it would help with your project - let me know if you are interested.
Matt

bottom hardness PeakSV in ArcMap?? 8 months 1 week ago #11072

• Duncan.Macleod
Matt,

Yes it is Alder! Love this lake and was blown away by seeing your sidescan mosaic demo on YouTube covering the exact portion i was interested in. I would be very interested in using your data. I would of course list credit for it on my project. My sidescan data came out ok, but not the greatest. I ended up having 39 vertical tracks to cover this section because i could only scan 140' out on each side. Thank you for explaining the bottom hardness as well, that makes more sense. My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . I would love to continue this conversation through email. Thank you for your quick response!
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site