Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Navionics Platinum and AT5 maps on the same card

Navionics Platinum and AT5 maps on the same card 4 years 4 months ago #9339

• Lomo
Hi all,

My question is a little strange. But maybe anybody show me the way.
An issue with Navionics and AT5 maps displaying on my Lowrance 7Ti. I have a card with map of Navionics platinum+ and SonarChart Live layer.
And I wrote down on it the maps made by the Reefmaster (because Ti has only one slot for card). I would like to switch between Navionics and handmade maps.
Unfortunately 7Ti does not see my AT5 map on Navionics card. But Navionics is working fine. AT5 maps displaying correctly if I put it on separate card.
Any idea, please.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Navionics Platinum and AT5 maps on the same card 4 years 4 months ago #9341

• Team Colibri
No, this can not be done. You must have your AT5-files on a seperate card. As you might have seen already, you have two standard choices as mapping-source in the Menu of your unit: Lowrance or Navionics. But there is no choice as to what sort of files to use/ read. This is because the unit automatically searches for the correct files, depending on what map-source you choose.

So it will never look for AT5-files on a Navionics-card, and thus it will not work. :)

Way back, on older models like Globalmap, this was a bit more manual. Even if using a Navionics-card you still had to tell the unit where on the card it should look for the correct files. This was a bit of a hassle, especially when moving from one area covered by certain files, to another area covered by other files. So todays solution is much better, but it also means you can not "fool" the unit into reading other files then what the card or settings is telling it to read.

Units with two cardslots (ie HDS) can display two map-sources at once in splittscreen, bit the files still has ro be om seperate cards.
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Team Colibri.

Navionics Platinum and AT5 maps on the same card 4 years 4 months ago #9342

• Lomo
Team Colibri wrote:
No, this can not be done....

Thank you for the detailed answer. It is bad news.

I tried to make maps with another Atlas Description. But it does not appear in the map source selection menu.
SCROLL TO TOP