Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Insight Planner - Map not displayed on Remote

Insight Planner - Map not displayed on Remote 5 years 6 months ago #6930

• fvignola
When I'm working on my Laptop, connected to my Desktop PC, if I load a map with Insight Planner, the map is not displayed...

Someone can help ?
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by fvignola.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Insight Planner - Map not displayed on Remote 5 years 6 months ago #6931

• AnglingCharts
I've seen your desktop Fred.......I always wondered when you'd need a seperate monitor for the toolbar.

I think you'll find that the chart needs to be on your C drive - I assume you have it mapped on a network drive or something like that ?

Let us know a little more about what you are trying to do, and exactly how you are doing it, because its a little vague.

T
http://www.anglingcharts.com/

Mucking about in boats

Insight Planner - Map not displayed on Remote 5 years 6 months ago #6941

• fvignola
Ok, I'll try to explain it better...

On my Desktop PC, Insight planner work really well, All my map are displayed. The map are in a folder ...\Charts\Insight\. The PC is in my desk. My laptop is in the living room. When I connect my laptop in remote desktop to connect my desktop in my desk, if Insight Planner was open and map where loaded, I can see them. But if I open a new map, or close Insight Planner and re-open it while working to my laptop connected remotely to my desktop, map is not showing. It's blank ! All my mapping and developpement software are installed only on my desktop pc. And I use my laptop to connect to my desktop pc.

That issue is very weird ! Never see something like that with any other software...

Insight Planner - Map not displayed on Remote 5 years 6 months ago #6943

• Matt
Hi Fred,
This is likely an issue with using hardware accelerated graphics over a remote desktop connection. Essentially, when a Remote Desktop session opens an application running OpenGL, the ownership of that session belongs to the local computer. When you open that same application using Remote Desktop, the OpenGL session belongs to the Remote Desktop client and fails. The workaround is either use a script to execute the session while the Remote Desktop session is disconnected or use something other than Remote Desktop.

Insight Planner - Map not displayed on Remote 5 years 6 months ago #6966

• fvignola
Hi Matt, thanks for your reply, that make sens !!! I can live with it !

Cheers
SCROLL TO TOP