Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mosaic Map for HB Helix 10

Mosaic Map for HB Helix 10 5 years 7 months ago #6831

• Captain Cook
Hi, I have just purchased a Helix 10 and would like to make my own mosaic map for my unit. I have done a quick scan of the river and made a mosaic of the Bridge on the trial version and would like to see some screen shots of maps or try a map other users have made, before making the investment of the software?
Thanks
Dave

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mosaic Map for HB Helix 10 5 years 7 months ago #6832

• Matt
You can't export a mosaic image for display on your Helix unit, unfortunately. You can export in a few other formats - e.g. Google Earth, image files etc - and it is also possible to create images for display on Lowrance units - but not Humminbird.
To some extent I question the usefulness of using the full mosaic image on a unit, as with the limited resolution and screen size the map can end up looking cluttered. It can be more useful to either waypoint areas of interest or draw polygons around structures as these will be much more easy to read when you are on the water. This is possible on a Humminbird unit.

Mosaic Map for HB Helix 10 5 years 7 months ago #6833

• Captain Cook
Thanks for the info , I was hoping to use the mosaic map for rocks and trees , structure. I may be better off using the Zero lines maps card with auto chart and save screen shots of the trees or rocks etc.
SCROLL TO TOP