Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tie depth to colour palette

Tie depth to colour palette 8 years 11 months ago #5236

• allafloat
Greetings Matt,

Having been tied up with other commitments for the past 18 months, it's been a while since I engaged with Reefmaster. Now that I have again all I can say is wow! You have been busy, and it's pretty awesome.

However, I'm surprised that something we were talking about a couple of years ago still hasn't happened: that is the ability to tag a colour to a depth and lock it irrespective of depth range for that track log. This is the one feature of DrDepth that I really miss when live surveying with RM, as I do when editing sonar logs.

In the ideal world I'd like to have a palette with a range of just ten colours for 10' so as to be able to really focus on the sub 6' shallows that are of greatest interest when surveying shallow inland waters for navigation maps. I can't imagine it would be a difficult feature to create. Any chance?

I won't finish on anything remotely negative though, for RM really is the dogs gonads for anything sonar related - and I'm chuffed as hell with how rewarding it makes owning a Lowrance HDS unit.

Thanks

Giles
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tie depth to colour palette 8 years 11 months ago #5238

• fjordfisher
I belief, this function exist.

Create You own user-defined palette for use.
Use the "depth display range".

Tie depth to colour palette 8 years 11 months ago #5239

• AnglingCharts
Hi Jorg,

I understand what Giles is getting at here. Something I do a lot is to use multiple tracks with a limited display range - in fact I use only one range all the time. Say, in RM, I wanted to display the same range colours for all tracks for a depth range of 0 - 10ft (no matter what depth the water was) - how would I do it ? Its not something I've used RM for - being mainly concerned with the sidescan - but can see that it would be an important feature for someone wanting a consistent scale who is not interested in water depth outside that range. I just had a little play with RM to try and see what Giles needed and couldnt work out how to do this.Basically I was trying to lock a specific colour to a specific depth and this would apply to all tracks by default.

T
http://www.anglingcharts.com/

Mucking about in boats
SCROLL TO TOP