Four years after the release of ReefMaster v1, we are excited to announce the release of ReefMaster v2, which marks the beginning of a new release cycle and brings major improvements in performance, functionality and usability.
ReefMaster 2 is a major new update, including:
Much more powerful and flexible map editing with the introduction of a layers based map architecture.
New map features, including project-level water level offsets, spot depths and automatic survey grid generator.
Huge improvements to sidescan mosaic rendering, including automatic blending between overlapping sidescan swathes, noise reduction and hardware accelerated image sharpening.
Headings support for sidescan mosaic.
New and improved map and image export options.
Improved performance throughout.
Refreshed and updated user interface with comprehensive in-app help.
Lowrance SL3 sonar log file support.
For a much more in-depth look at the changes in ReefMaster 2, and how to migrate from ReefMaster 1, click here.
How Do I Upgrade?
- ReefMaster 2 installs "side by side" with ReefMaster v1, with a new 14 day trial period. ReefMaster 2 can be downloaded here.
- If you have an existing ReefMaster v1 installation, please ensure that this is updated to the latest version (1.8.41 or later) before installing ReefMaster 2.
- Existing ReefMaster v1 users can upgrade to ReefMaster 2 for US$50 (+ VAT, where applicable). Any existing additional modules are retained across the upgrade process, and ReefMaster 1 can continue to be used in parallel if required.
- The upgrade to ReefMaster 2 can be purchased via an in-app Upgrade button, if an existing ReefMaster v1 key is present.
- For new users, the price of ReefMaster 2 is now US$199 + VAT.
- The ReefMaster LITE edition has been discontinued, and ReefMaster 2 loses the PRO designation to become simply “ReefMaster”.
What is the ReefMaster Upgrade Policy?
- All minor version upgrades, X.x to X.x+1, are free.
- Major-version upgrades are not free, but upgrade costs are significantly less than the cost of a new license.
- Major-version upgrades are planned to happen every few years, with a large number of minor-version updates in between. Minor-version updates (over 30 during the lifetime of the ReefMaster v1 release cycle) can contain bug fixes as well as significant functional upgrades.
- Planned updates as part of the ReefMaster 2 release cycle include; GeoTiff support (import and export), XTF file format support, automatic edge (bottom) detection in sonar files, vegetation mapping and more.