Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to combine images?

How to combine images? 8 years 10 months ago #5462

• dbuss
I can create a satellite image and display on unit, (with SAS Planet)

I can export a Map with Colour Gradient Shaded Relief. (ReefMaster)

How do I combine the two, so I have satellite image for land and shaded relief contour for lake?

I have added both image folders to IMC but I only see the satellite image when complete.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to combine images? 8 years 10 months ago #5470

• wishin i was fishin
Assuming you have a HDS unit, i write the sat file in SAS, then write RM map in AT5 but uncheck the raster layer box.

you will end up with this on your SD card.

Bound AT5 folder for sat map
At5.xml file
Large.at5 file

I have done this on HDS gen1, gen2 and gen2 touch.

How to combine images? 8 years 6 months ago #6113

• Dennis
Thanks for this post and reply. I dont kmow how to write the sat file in SAS but I was able to write it in IMC and accomplished the combined images as stated.

How to combine images? 8 years 5 months ago #6219

• Browndirt38
Once you get those on your card and put it n your unit how do you get the xml and large at5 to show up. I have no Roblesmwith shaded reliefs. But when it kicks out my shaded relief file with contours and those other two files as my mosaic image overlay I can't get it to work. I run hds lowrance 7 and 8 gen 2. Any help is much appreciated.

How to combine images? 8 years 5 months ago #6220

• Matt
Browndirt38 wrote:
Once you get those on your card and put it n your unit how do you get the xml and large at5 to show up. I have no Roblesmwith shaded reliefs. But when it kicks out my shaded relief file with contours and those other two files as my mosaic image overlay I can't get it to work. I run hds lowrance 7 and 8 gen 2. Any help is much appreciated.

What is the setup of the maps you are trying to view? Did you export multiple maps from RM, or did you make a single export?

How to combine images? 8 years 1 month ago #6788

• fjordfisher
The first way (i know) to really combine an other raster (e. g. aerial photo) with RM shaded relief, is over a GIS application. The imported shaded relief (png-file) is not georefereced, this required a spatial adjustment. Export for the IMC processing as geotiff.
I would recommend an shaded relief export with spatial relation in RM v2.

(The lake and the land-area in the picture is not deep/structured, the shaded relief not so clearly visible - it's only an illustration in principle)

The better second way is to use a kmz/kml-file from the RM-export: "google earth map with colour band shaded relief". The advantage is - the kmz/kml is yet georeferenced.

Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by fjordfisher.
SCROLL TO TOP