Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SAS Planet Image Overlay Help

SAS Planet Image Overlay Help 7 years 2 weeks ago #8999

• seapickle09
So like the rest of you I have have been using SAS planet to make satellite imagery overlays for my lowrance units. Now i am trying to figure out how to have contour lines show on top of the overlay. What is the best way to accomplish this? Is there a way to make a map with the contour lines have them show at the same time?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SAS Planet Image Overlay Help 7 years 2 weeks ago #9001

• Matt
If you have already generated an AT5 raster map with your satellite overlay, then you should just be able to export a set of contours in vector format and put the exported map file on the same card as your overlay. Line features will always show on top of the raster layer.

SAS Planet Image Overlay Help 7 years 2 weeks ago #9002

• seapickle09
im not familiar with all the lingo but i can make some pretty good maps haha when you say vector format what do you mean?

[Part of message removed by moderator]
Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by Matt.

SAS Planet Image Overlay Help 7 years 2 weeks ago #9003

• Matt
No issues discussing different mapping applications and techniques here, but let's keep it legal please.

SAS Planet Image Overlay Help 7 years 2 weeks ago #9004

• seapickle09
Sorry didn't know. Could you elaborate in some way or in a PM on how to export in a vector format
Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by seapickle09.

SAS Planet Image Overlay Help 7 years 2 weeks ago #9005

• seapickle09
ill use the RM program if need be.i just need to get contours to show over my imagery on my HDS

SAS Planet Image Overlay Help 7 years 2 weeks ago #9006

• Matt
You can build a vector mode map using the Navico IMC, which can create components such as polygons, contours and lines. These will be displayed over your background imagery. You would need to source data for these contours, and produce ESRI Shapefiles with the appropriate attributes (to control things like colour, line thickness etc). You can do this in RM if you are creating your own maps from recorded track-log data, but I don't know of any way to combine multiple data sources from SAS planet - I believe all of those data sources are raster (not vector), so you won't be able to overlay them easily.

SAS Planet Image Overlay Help 7 years 2 weeks ago #9007

• seapickle09
Thanks for the info. I do have have contours from my GPS to make. I would need a source which I think is my main issue.
I have access to the program Global maps but have not used it yet. Are you familiar with this program?
SCROLL TO TOP